Its a brand new year, and like many other people and organizations around the globe, we are expectant and hopeful for what 2018 has to offer. And if you haven't been paying close attention to all our communication in the previous year, especially on social media, there are golden nuggets that might have eluded you. Even though we did "soooooo" much in 2017. Here are 3 things you might have missed;
1. We developed the most comprehensive report ever written on the Portuguese Start-up scene - Scale-up Portugal 2017. In the report we identified the top 25 technology startups in Portugal. You can find out more here.
2. We organized the ultimate Agrifood tech and sustainable event ever in Portugal- i-Danha Food Lab. One of the goals of this event was to develop deep technology that have the capacity to drive sustainable economic development in Europe. You can find out more here.
3. We developed 4 ideation events with up to 100 students across Portugal to develop solutions that have the potential to combat climate change - Hack The Planet. See more
2017 was a very good year for us, and we hope to achieve more in 2018. So in the spirit of the new year, we are going to put out to the universe, some of the things we hope to accomplish in this new year. Here are 3 things we hope to achieve.
1. Help our startups raise 100 Million USD. We simply have the best startups. You can be part of our alumni by starting your journey here.
2. Add value to the European start-up ecosystem because we believe in collective growth. So expect more relevant events, more insightful reports more practical tools for startups, investors and relevant stakeholders. We expect this added value to be worth a quarter of a billion dollars. So be sure to follow us on all our social media handles or subscribe to our mailing list, so you don't miss out on any opportunities.
3. As a team loose a collective weight of 50Kg..... (and yes most of this weight goal has to be accomplished by me....)
In summary, in 2018 our team will be working tirelessly to help you achieve success individually and collectively. Hence our eternal motto "#TakingYouFurther", which coincidentally might have been another thing you missed from our communication in 2017.
From all of us we wish you a happy and prosperous new year. Lets begin!!!